Mayonnaise baked biscuits sound weird, I know, but trust me on this one – they’re delicious!
When it comes to making dinner, this lazy chef needs simple recipes that are fast and easy to throw together. (And preferably something I can complete with a little one hanging off my hip.) So when I find something that is both delicious and difficult for me to ruin, I tend to reuse the recipe a lot. Needless to say, this is one of those recipes.
So without further ado:
Adapted from Hellman’s “Quick Mayonnaise Biscuits” Recipe found here.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt) together in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk and mayo. (Dough will be more sticky than firm.)
- Spoon mixture into a greased cupcake tray and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400° (or until lightly brown on top.)
This recipe makes approximately 8 biscuits and is best served fresh out of the oven and smothered in butter! Yum!