When I was a pre-teen, one of my all-time favourite slumber party snacks was “Popcorn Cake.” Reminiscent of a “Rice Krispie Bar” this dessert is quick to make and fun to eat. What kid could want anything more than some popcorn, melted marshmallows, and gummy candies?
And given my love for all things popcorn, this cake was also the perfect way to surprise my husband with the news that I would soon be “popping” with our third child!** (Perhaps this accounted for my sudden “craving” for popcorn cake…)
Regardless of what occasion you make it for, this is one treat that is sure to become a family favourite for movie night!
- 1 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
- 1/2 cup of Butter
- 1 Bag of Large Marshmallows
- 1 Bag of Gummy Bears
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pop the popcorn and pick out any unpopped kernels.
- Lightly grease a bundt cake pan and layer popcorn inside.
- Stir in gummy bears and smarties.
- In a glass bowl, melt 1/2 cup of butter in microwave.
- In a separate bowl, melt marshmallows in the microwave.
- Mix melted butter and melted marshmallows together.
- In bundt cake pan, mix popcorn and candy mixture with the melted marshmallow mixture. Stir throughout, coating evenly.
- Let rest for two to three hours in the fridge. To remove cake, use a knife to gently separate popcorn from the pan and place onto a large plate.
- Lightly sprinkle some cinnamon on top and enjoy!
**Four weeks after making this popcorn cake and sharing such wonderful news with my amazing husband, we lost this precious baby. This is another child that we will only ever hold in our hearts. While I debated whether or not to still share this post with you all, I wanted to remember and share the jubilation and joy we felt for this little one. For the one, short month that we knew about her, this sweet one was very loved.**
This post is dedicated in memory of our littlest babe, Kära.